Home Security Tips
At Protect Your Home we know that home security tips are not just about alarm systems. Some of them are related to the benefits of a home security system, but most are simply practical tips you can use every day to help keep your family and possessions protected and safe.
- Install motion sensors – Motion sensors are just one of many invaluable home security products available from Protect Your Home. These can serve as an alert whenever there is unexpected activity occurring around your home. They help ensure that no one has a place to hide near your house.
- Keep your shrubs trimmed – This is one of the most overlooked personal security tips. Untrimmed shrubs, especially around windows or entrances to your home, provide burglars with an easy place to hide while they attempt to gain access to your home.
- Put timers on your lights – Use a timer to turn interior lights on and off when you are not home. This makes it appear as though you are home, even when you are not. You can also leave a radio or television turned on when you are away.
- Always see who it is – When there is a knock on the door or your doorbell rings, you never know who or what is on the other side. Install a peep-hole to ensure that you can get a good look at anyone on your doorstep, and ask what they need. Children should never answer the door.
- Get a dog – Having a dog on patrol, whether you are home or not, makes your home less attractive to anyone with less than savory intentions.
- Silence your mailbox – A person can learn a lot about you by looking at the contents of your mailbox. Make sure to bring your mail in each day. If you are going to be out of your home for an extended period of time, either have the post office place a pause on your mail delivery until you return, or have a trusted neighbor pick it up daily.
- Join a neighborhood watch – A big part of being a good neighbor is watching out for other people in your neighborhood. If you see activity that appears suspicious, call your local authorities. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Never leave notes on your front door – A note on the front door is a red flag to passersby that you are out of the house. You never want to give potential intruders information that makes their entry to your home easier.
- Install a home security system – Having a home security system installed is one of the best ways to help ensure that your home and family are protected at all times. Protect Your Home has many options for you when it comes to home security products.
As you can see, there are a variety of simple measures you can take to help keep your home protected. Protect Your Home will give you the home security tips and tricks to do this. However, the surest and most reliable option is investing in a home security system. Contact us today for more information.